FOUNDER AND DIRECTOR, MOST COMMONLY WORKING IN COVENTRY, BIRMINGHAM AND LONDON (UK)
I couldn't have grown my business without doing intentional content marketing, community management and communications tasks which allowed me to encourage engagement, build brand awareness, create core content and strategically position my online presence. That's exactly why I developed Sparked Passion - to help businesses to find clarity and confidence with all things content and community.
Essentially, I am a freelancer and work both ad hoc and on retainer for clients and agencies. I work under the name Sparked Passion because I have a strong network of highly skilled contractors available too.
I've helped entrepreneurs, start-ups, SMEs, agencies, corporate and consumer brands to plan, launch, implement, nurture, optimise and up-level their online presence - seeing fantastic results across the board.
- I've supported brands to go from 0-11k Facebook page likes with organic and paid media (in less than 6 months), made social media the #1 acquisition channel for e-commerce websites (from no social presence), stream global launch events, work on campaigns with influencers, increase sales, run partnership contests, streamline market communications, escalate matters, create tone of voice/response guidelines, audit and analyse their online presence, train teams, and manage accounts.
- I've worked with clients from a variety of industries including fashion and beauty, weddings and events, photography, home decor, food and drink, brand and web design, marketing and advertising, life and business coaching, education, music, motorsports, travel, health and wellbeing, finance, lifestyle and pharmaceuticals.
I have diplomas in Social Media Marketing, Digital Marketing, Marketing Your Business, Web Design, Graphic Design, Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Excel, along with 8 years experience.
As Seen On
2008 - I started blogging about live music events due to a keen interest in concert photography, having seen 500+ artists (from One Direction, Michael Bublé and Justin Bieber to Bring Me The Horizon, A Day To Remember and Enter Shikari). After an operation which meant I had to learn to walk again, I unfortunately couldn't continue to create new content for this which led me to work on my next passion project.
2009 - I started a new blog about beauty and lifestyle products - a second love of mine and an increasingly popular niche. Through a strong SEO and social media strategy, I consistently hit 6-figure traffic stats each month. I monetised this blog through affiliate income & sponsored posts, and worked with PR agencies/brands across the globe on content creation and influencer marketing campaigns. I loved this and the opportunities that came from hard work, but it was became clear that I was destined for another new challenge after five years.
2014 - I rebranded my blog due to the vast number of people seeking my guidance. Within one year I left my job as a Special Needs Teaching Assistant to blog and coach other bloggers full time. I created various digital products (e-books, online courses and workshops), and saw my blog posts each shared over 10,000 times on social media. After taking a few months off at the end of 2015 to focus on my health, I made a key decision to delete my online presence in attempt to start afresh with less pressure and consumption in my daily life.
2016 - I reevaluated my goals and realised my big vision which led me to building Sparked Passion. This gave me the opportunity to work on both strategy and implementation, enabling me to put my love of consultancy, optimisation and nurturing online communities and relationships into practise each and every day. I've since worked with hugely inspiring businesses globally and continue to do so.
- I take a personable and adaptable approach to working with clients.
- I am committed to staying on top of new trends, tools, policies and features in content marketing, community management and communications.
- I focus on collaboration, healthy competition, and social listening.
- I am upfront about expectations from both sides, honest, reliable, caring, trustworthy and flexible within the boundaries we've agreed.
- I like to keep things human, light-hearted, fun, creative and meaningful - just like my clients do.
- I believe in dedication to every project, no matter how big or small, short or long.
- I truly want to make a difference to those that hire me and their customers, clients and community too.
- I put these values at the heart of everything I do.